Thursday, December 29, 2005

My post-christmas, pre-new year post

Let's go ahead and start with Thursday, 12/22, as I stated in my previous post this is the day we were told officially that my dad has lung cancer. This day was supposed to be my payday of which I receive by the ole' reliable USPS, needless to say it didn't come on Thursday, nor on Friday I thought surely it would come on Saturday but I was wrong. This lead to us having to get some money fronted to us by dad and a mad rush on Saturday to finish up all of our shopping. It was pretty crazy but we pulled it off without any major fights or catastrophes.

Christmas Eve service at church was very good. Most of our college kids (you'll often hear me refer to them as my kids even though they are young adults) are in the praise band and they did just an excellent job. There is so much potential within these kids and I am just so excited to be working with them. I love the community we are a part of at Pine Forest it has been such a blessing, especially for me and my whole disillusionment with church thing.

Christmas Day was fun, I love to watch our kids open their gifts and to see the excitement on their faces. We had planned on going to the worship service at church, but had to change plans because dad was having a bad morning so I went over to his place to sit with him until we ate lunch. After lunch I pretty much passed out on the couch until it was time to leave and then at home I fell asleep early again watching The Princess Bride with the kids...must've been the two big glasses of whiskey and coke I had during the day.  On Monday we took the kids to see the Chronicles of Narnia. I absolutely loved the movie...Narnia is my new world I would love to escape to.

This week has been pretty uneventful, just working and everything. I have another three day weekend coming up and am looking forward to hopefully hanging out with Brian and Jesse on New Year's Eve.

Well, that's about it for now. I am really looking forward to this new year with just making progress personally, with our family and with Crazy Times...I believe many good things are on the horizon!!


No comments: