Thursday, October 12, 2006

Waiting...

Bob: Well, what are *you* waiting for?
Little Boy on Tricycle: I don't know. Something amazing, I guess.
Bob: Me too, kid.
(from The Incredibles)

Today is Thursday, Oct. 12th, and in just 19 days we are supposed to be completely packed up and ready to move to Ohio. So many things have fallen into place for us since I lost my job and we decided to move to Ohio. Some of those things are small and seemingly insignificant, but others are those "in your face" type blessings that have just come out of nowhere. However, there is one integral part of our move that has yet to completely come together...money. Lately I feel like a selfish kid who has just gotten a ton of presents but is still waiting for one more. It's not that I want to have a selfish heart and I've tried my hardest to keep that in check over the recent weeks.

I just don't understand why 95% of this plan to move would come together only to be held up by the financial aspect. When we made the decision to move, there was one big thing that I was sure would happen that would provide us the money to move, but shame on me for thinking that the closing on my dad's house wouldn't be delayed yet again. Since then my unemployment benefits have been denied, which I do have a chance to appeal but who knows how long that will take.

This, I am certain, is the worst part of life...finances.

I just don't know why we would've been guided this far, only to be held up by one thing. God, it is just so frustrating!!

My prayer:

Come again, Come and strike me down,
I want to lose those doubts that feed upon.
Show yourself, Spread the heavens wide,
Let sanctuary fall, and I'll find comfort in it now

Chorus:
With this love, this joy,
I'm begging you
For something glorious.

Luminous. Luminous your eyes.
The universe in one accord, a witness of your beauty.
Come again, and burst my laggard soul
When I feel helpless. I cannot lose or do without,

Bridge:
There will come a day of atonement.
There will come a day of atonement.
There has come a day of atonement.
There will come, oh there will come,
There will, there will.

by Circadian Rhythm

No comments: